Some would call us determined, and others might call us crazy! But we decided to try another attempt at camping with Sydney. Let's just take a journey back about four months ago to our trip to St. George. That trip had included a drive to Coral Pink Sand Dunes (about 2 hours from St. George) for camping...it went something like this: wake up, pack car, Syd gets no nap, arrive at Coral Pink, look at sand dunes, set up camp, Syd cries for 3 hours, try to eat hot dogs unsuccessfully, take down camp, drive back to St. George, recover! At that time, I was about 5 months pregnant. This time around (I am 8 1/2 months pregnant) we decided to try something a little closer in case we needed to come home (for sleeping or water-breaking reasons) so we headed to Deer Creek with the camper trailer. We left late Friday afternooon, arrived and set up the trailer. We spent a couple of hours on shore, which Sydney loves! She is like her father, the temperature of the water does not factor into how much fun is possible! This time she loved roasting the hot dogs and eating them...go figure! She was fascinated with the camper trailer and called in our "little house". She did have somewhat of a hard time going down, but basically slept from sundown to sunrise, about 10pm to 5am. Overall, she did much better this trip and enjoyed the experience. Now while I enjoyed the day activities, pregnancy and sleeping out of doors don't mix like you think they might! I didn't discover this at Coral Pink because we ended up home - in our comfy beds! Guess I need some more camping training or sanity - one or the other!












4 comments:
You are tough! I don't have the guts to go camping when I'm pregnant.
I think you are brave to even attempt thinking about camping when 8 1/2 months pregnant. What a trooper for sticking it out the whole night. :)
Wow. I too am surprise you even attempted it. Last time we went camping I stayed up all night with Lily and ended up sleeping in the van with her for only a couple of hours. Congrats on your successful trip.
Um, camping and pregnancy don't mix like I thought they did?!?
I never, EVER, EVER had this thought that they might mix super well.
My mom camped at 8 1/2 months pregnant and she only survived because she slept on a twin size bed mattress shoved on the floor of her full size van.
You are amazing to make such a fun memory for Syd! I hope you got lots of sleep the next night. Pretty pics too.
Post a Comment